Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Spam

Sometimes I really like reading my spam. Especially when my spam is from scammers from Nigeria, telling my that I am next of kin to some general and are contacting my to give me his money, and the only thing I have to pay is "the $150 (United States US Dollars) courier fee. Take note of that."


I think the best spam I ever received was from Mr. Kofi Annan himself. Enjoy:

"How are you today? Hope all is well with you and family?,You may not
understand why this mail came to you.
We have been having a meeting for the passed 7 months which ended 2
days ago with the then secretary to the UNITED NATIONS.
This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of
the world, the UNITED NATION have agreed to compensate them with
the sum of US$ 100,000. This includes every foriegn contractors that may
have not received their contract sum, and people that have had an
unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to
Government probelms etc.
We found your name in our list and that is why we are contacting you,
this have been agreed upon and have been signed.
You are advised to contact Mr. Jim Ovia of ZENITH BANK NIGERIA PLC, as
he is our representative in Nigeria, contact him immediately for your
Cheque/ International Bank Draft of USD$ 100,000. This funds are in
a Bank Draft for security purpose ok? so he will send it to you and you
can clear it in any bank of your choice.
Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone
number/your correct mailing address where you want him to send the
Draft to you.
Conatct Mr. Jim Ovia immediately for your Cheque:
Person to Contact Mr. Jim Ovia
Email: jimovia_77@yahoo.com
Thanks and God bless you and your family.Hoping to hear from you as
soon as you cash your Bank Draft.
Making the world a better place
Regards,
Mr. Kofi Anann
Former Secretary (UNITED NATIONS).

I would never have thought that Kofi Annan would stoop so low…

I also like how he misspelled his own last name.

ِِ

4 comments:

Chris said...

I like how they say it is "for security purpose ok?" Just trust us, ok? Everything is good. Don't be nervous about this money, ok?

Lisa Lou said...

BAHAHAH!!! This really is the best spam I've read. Man, he sounds so sincere. I would go for it.

ali said...

HAHAHAHAahahhahahahah that's hilarious. i always get the ones saying that someone has recently died and they put your name in their will hahaha. those are great...

Anna said...

One time on my mission we got a letter in our mailbox that looked official. I spent a long time translating it (most of the words were ones I'd never seen before). It turns out it was a Greek chain letter.

This relates to your posting because it was also about an unsolicited letter. Also, it was a little funny, and your posting was very funny.