Sunday, November 29, 2009

Katie


Sorry about all of the lame-o posts these past couple of days. I've been enjoying my break. It's so nice to be able to spend the entire day with Katie and Olivia. It feels like a real vacation because I don't have any homework to do, either.
I thought for today's post I would write about how great Katie is.
I've known Katie for over five years. She's my best friend and my favorite person to be around. Here are some reasons why I love her so much.
1) We like the same sort of things. We both like to decorate the apartment in the same sort of way. We both have the same level of acceptability of cleanliness when it comes to our apartment. We both like the same type of music. We enjoy the same type of food. Except tapioca pudding. And white chocolate. She loves that stuff. I don't like it so much.
2) She is really creative. It seems that she is always working on some new project that she finds online. She is always looking for ways to beautify the area around her. She can find solutions to problems really fast. She is an excellent writer and a good drawer, too. She draws little faces and people on my sandwiches baggies for me to find later.
3) She has a contagious laugh. Last night I watched Bourne Ultimatum and it made me think that I had superhuman powers. I tried to flip the light switch off with my foot put I couldn't reach it so I ended up on the floor. Katie laughed for about an hour straight. The thing was that I had to laugh along too. When she laughs so hard you can't help but laugh with her. She finds humor in almost anything.
4) She loves me for who I am. I could spend hours in the library or a bookstore, and Katie lets me when we have time. The other day we were in the library and the baby started to cry really loud and Katie took her and held her so that I could spend time looking for audio books. There are other examples where she does something that she thinks is really boring because she knows that it makes me happy.
Basically, she is the best, and I feel lucky to have her.

3 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Ha! I was totally right about you doing that because you had just watched an action movie! Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!!! It still makes me burst out laughing every time I think of your toes going up toward the light switch and then having the whole world come crashing down. Sad day. I love you too.

Kathy Haynie said...

Wow...way to rack up the mother-in-law points. I think she's pretty spectacular, too. I'm so glad you two found each other.

Wish I could have seen that action-man kick to the light switch.

ali said...

geeze, i want a friend like that.

LUCKY