Our couch is pretty magical. As you can barely see in this picture, it is green. We bought it second hand at the local Goodwill on Katie's birthday when we first moved here. It was the only present she got that day. Poor Katie. Don't worry -- we celebrated her birthday a few weeks later.
The reason I say our couch is magical is because I found a lot of magical things in it. These things belonged to the couch's previous owner, and I think they are pretty telling of that owner's personality. Here is an incomplete list of the things I pulled out of the couch:
- A drum stick. Not like a chicken leg, but the wooden stick you hit a drum with.
- An English 202 midterm exam. He got a 57%. Sad day for him. I know it's a "him" and not a "her" because his name was on the exam. But I won't tell you his name -- that would be a FERPA violation...I think. I felt kind of bad for him because his answers really were pretty terrible.
- 3 saltine crackers. Intact. I think the fact that they were intact is what amazed me the most.
- 14 cents (dime, penny, penny, penny, penny).
- 3 ballpoint pens. All of them were out of ink.
I know there were some more random things we found in there, but they aren't coming to mind.