Thursday, November 5, 2009

4 AM


Our baby falls asleep for the night sometime between 10 and 11 pm and she gets up at about 4 in the morning each day. I usually go and console her at the time, and if she continues to cry I change her diaper. If that doesn't help, I figure she's hungry and I feed her some milk that we stored.
It's a pretty good little system we've got going. The only problem is that sometimes I don't think too clearly at 4 am.
For instance, I think I was getting a little sleep deprived because I started to hear voices. First, I thought I heard the baby crying and when I checked on her she was sleeping pretty deep. Then I thought I heard Katie calling my name really loud and then I looked at her and she was sleeping. It was kind of creepy, so I woke Katie up and asked her if she was dreaming or calling my name, and she said no.
This morning at about 4:45 when the baby fell back asleep, I crawled back in bed not looking forward to 7 am when the alarm goes off. Then it hit me: if time goes forward and music comes out of the alarm clock, maybe if I sang music into the alarm clock then the time will go backwards!! I started to hum a little bit, but the sound of my own voice woke out of this crazy stupor. I felt ridiculous. I'm just glad that Katie didn't wake up to me singing to the alarm clock.

5 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

HAHAHAHAH!!! That is so funny! It's crazy how crazy you can get when it's super early/late. I can remember a couple times when I was sick with the flu, or last year when I had pnemonia for some days, I heard little children (freaky children) calling my name in my head. It was so scary. I was definately out of it.

Chris said...

once when I was sick I was imagining a brontosauraus (even though it is a fake-o dinosaur)doing big thrump thrumps and it was getting louder and Louder and LOUDER until I had to leave the bed and go get a drink of water and get consoled by Mom. That was a weird time.

Katie Lewis said...

You should have included the lyrics to that song you were singing to the alarm clock. Hahaha...

Anna said...

This was an awesome post. Chris and I keep thinking about you singing to the alarm clock.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Bryan, I'm glad you started writing again. You're hilarious. Eric is always disappointed when I talk in my sleep and he asks me something to keep me going, but I realize I'm being ridiculous and stop.

This is really funny.