Friday, November 13, 2009

Dream Journal


DISCLAIMER: I had planned on writing this post the day before Chris wrote about his mission journal and his flying dreams. I did not copy him. This was my own idea.

When I was serving my mission in Switzerland I often had very strange dreams. Sometimes I thought my dreams meant something important, almost like a prophecy or a vision or something. I decided that I would keep a dream journal so that I could record these dreams and maybe learn something from them. The thing is, the dreams that I recorded are weird. Really weird. I don't think there was much divine intervention in them, at least as far as I could tell.

Here are some excerpts from my dream journal:

August 3, 2006
I was doing doors with Elder Jones (name has been changed). This was before I was companions with him. Everyone was rejecting us. On the next door Elder Jones saw a horse calendar and started having a nice conversation about horses. The family listened and let us in only on the condition that we only talk about horses. After we left, I asked Elder Jones why he talked about horses and not the gospel, and he said, "Don't you know? People don't want to talk about the gospel. You have to talk about things they want to talk about."

Feb 2007
I was on a huge grid in the middle of space, almost like a huge checkerboard. I could move only along the straight lines of the grid. However, I didn't want to move. I just wanted to be left alone. There were golden stars sliding around on the lines of the grid. They were making a piercingly loud noise that made my eardrums throb. I said a prayer sitting on the grid, asking God to send the stars away. The stars then vanished.

July 5, 2007
I had a dream that I was hanging out with Breg (pronounced Blake) who was an Olympic diver. They were training for the Olympics in 2007 in France or something. Breg had his friends with him and was trying to teach us all how to dive. A girl who I spoke with previously [in real life] was Breg's girlfriend. She was having a lot of challenges diving. In order to help her, Breg made a little bungie cord made out of a lot of little bungie cords hooked together and then attached to a backpack she wore. Breg kept making fun of her since she was always made [sic] mistakes, but she quoted Winston Churchill saying, "Mistakes aren't a sign of failure, but an opportunity to learn and grow." We were at a medium sized swimming pool with four highdives on it, two on each side. Four divers would jump off at the same time and battle in the air until they hit the water.

Weird, huh? I thought it was weird that I knew how to spell "Breg's" name, even though I just made him up.

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Whenever Mark tells me his dreams (not very often, because he hardly ever remembers them when he wakes up), I go look up the dream elements in the online "Dream Dictionary." It drives him nuts, so now I can't do it any more. I didn't look up your dreams, but you can if you want.

You should bookmark this site:
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Lisa Lou said...

Sometimes dreams are so crazy. Sometimes I have real life dreams that something is going to happen, mostly I have dreams that could happen in real life, but I don't think they mean anything.