- Acts 8: 39 "...the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more:"
- Matthew 4:5 (JST) "Then Jesus was taken up into the holy city, and the Spirit setteth him on the pinnacle of the temple."
- Helaman 10:16 "...for he was taken by the Spirit and conveyed away out of the midst of them."
- 1 Nephi 11:1 "...as I sat pondering in mine heart I was caught away in the Spirit of the Lord, yea, into an exceedingly high mountain."
- 1 Nephi 11:19 "...I beheld that she was carried away in the Spirit;"
- Moses 6:64-68 "...Adam cried unto the Lord, and he was caught away by the Spirit of the Lord, and was carried down into the water, and was laid under the water, and was brought forth out of the water."
Monday, August 2, 2010
When I was serving my mission a few years ago, I read the scripture in Acts that said how Philip was teleported by the Spirit after the eunuch was baptized. I thought this was really neat, so I spent the next little while searching all throughout the scriptures for any reference to spiritual teleportation. I thought that I had a higher chance of it happening to me if I knew more about it. Anyway, I found at least six references to teleportation in the standard works, however, I am not any closer to actually teleporting. Maybe someday it'll happen. Here are the references I have found: