- Why should we offer you a place at our school?
- What stimulated your interest in a health care profession?
- If you want to "help people," why not choose a career in social work, law, or teaching?
- Is there anything you would like to brag about? (This question was listed in the section called "Maturity.")
- Describe a face-to-face meeting in which you had to influence a highly emotional individual.
- How would you redesign the health care system?
- What are three things you would like to change about yourself?
- If an AIDS patient was bleeding profusely from a laceration, what would you do? What if you do not have gloves? What if you have an open sore on your hand?
- What is the most difficult problem you have ever faced in your life?
- How would you rank the following individuals with regard to priority for a liver transplant? 1) A young woman whose family can't afford the operation, 2) A 45-year-old ex-sailor whose liver was damaged by alcoholism, and 3) a 75-year-old retired executive who has indicated that he will be a very generous donor to the hospital if he gets the transplant.
- And my favorite question: What is the solution to terrorism?
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Hard Interview Questions
I went to the Pre-Professional Office today to get some pointers on preparing for my upcoming optometry school interviews. The girl at the desk gave me four pages of questions written in size 4 font. The questions listed on the paper are some of the hardest interview questions I have ever read. Here is a sampling: