Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sit in the front of the class

It has been shown that you are more likely to get a good grade if you sit up in the front. A university did an experiment by randomly assigning students seats in a Freshman level physics class. The students who sat in the front four rows did significantly better than the students in the back of the class. About halfway through the semester, the students were reassigned seats by having the front row kids sit in the back and the back row kids sit in the front. The amazing thing is that their grades didn't change after switching seats. Their study habits and attitude toward the class had already been set.

My advice: sit in the front row for the first part few weeks of class, and then you can sit anywhere you want. That way you can rest assured that you will have the best grade!

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

I heard that in the orientation class I took when I went back to college in 1990 (age 34). I sat in the front in every class I took, and I had almost all As. I agree with this.