Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chicken Stinky

When I was in the third grade I wrote a story called "Chicken Stinky." I was really, really proud of that story because 1) it was over one page long (it was the first story that I had written that was over a page) and 2) a girl in my class thought it was really funny. I can't remember the girl's name, though. I would have to look through my old yearbook. All I remember was that I always tried to sit next to her during circle-time.

As far as I can remember, the story goes something like this: Chicken Stinky smells really bad. While walking to school, he finds a magic lamp in a hole in a tree. He rubs the lamp and the genie (spelled "jeenie" in the story) grants Chicken Stinky three wishes. Some punk kids are about to beat Chicken Stinky up, so he says, "Get me out of here!!!!!!!!" (There might have been more exclamation points). He gets teleported to somewhere else, but somehow that's worse so he wishes to go home. And then he wastes his third wish on something else, so nothing changes in his life. He's just alone and stinky. The end.

Isn't that a great story!? Maybe I should find the original and illustrate it and get it published like the other book. That would actually be pretty cool.

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Is there a sequel? Where nissionary nunkey comes and converts him, and his life is so much happier?

Katie Lewis said...

1. I am jealous. Perhaps we should have circle time here at home so you can prove your love to me.
2. I like your story.

Patricia said...

I think there were a few Chicken Stinky stories with different adventures, right? I know you had such fun writing those!