Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sometimes I feel like a horrible person

Like today, for instance. We had Stake Conference, which was great. It was held at the Stake center, but was web-casted to the other buildings in the stake. I think someone forgot to check the microphones for the choir. One of the microphones was right next to a sweet brother, who, bless his soul, couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it. He was kind of drowning out everyone else in the choir. And the worst part is that I couldn't stop laughing, no matter how hard I tried. I was plugging my nose and biting my tongue so hard that I had faint hint of blood in my mouth. I finally resorted to covering my entire face while leaning over so that perhaps people would think I was crying instead of laughing, though I doubt I was fooling anybody. Whenever I would get myself under control, I would hear his warbling voice and start the vicious cycle over again. Even now I can't even stop myself from laughing from thinking about it.

5 comments:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

If it makes you feel better, you're making me laugh just reading this. I don't think that makes you a horrible person.

Lisa Lou said...

Man, babies are the best excuse to get out of anything. Too bad Felix wasn't an option to leave the room.

Patricia said...

Dad and I are both laughing pretty hard right now! I guess the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.

TELJLEWIS said...

I smiled but I would probably be the monotone sitting with the baritones.
Grandpa Tom

Kathy Haynie said...

You had me giggling at "warbling." Hoo boy…Nana's in the ward choir. I'll make sure we keep the mic away. (Actually, after a few practices she's pretty much in tune. And the ward LOVES her.)