Thursday, November 14, 2013

Extreme patients

Notice that I did not write "extreme patience." That is something I do not have. But I do have a lot of extreme and crazy patients at my clinic.
Today, for example, was wacko. They guy I saw was mentally handicapped and had severe behavioral problems. At the end of the exam, he didn't know that he had a $2 co-pay, and he FLIPPED OUT at the check-out counter. He refused to pay the $2 co-pay, and proceeded to make a huge scene by yelling, storming about, and stomping very fast down the hallway. It kind of reminded me of Olivia throwing a tantrum, except this guy was 6' 2" and weighed about 210 lbs.
It seems like any crazy patients that come to the school are always seen by me. And I'm not the only one who thinks so: everyone at the front desk and the Eyewear Gallery agrees that all the special situations seem to happen when I'm around. The main secretary at the Eyewear Gallery gave me a piece of gum as a reward for handling the situation nicely.

4 comments:

Patricia said...

It must be because you're just so nice. :)
Sorry that you get the extra stress, but we all love the stories you share.

Lisa Lou said...

Probably with extreme patients you need extreme patience!

Kathy Haynie said...

Gum. Yeah, that totally makes up for it!

Unknown said...

Artificial eyes in India
Our research center has new most modern technology equipments and useful material for fitting artificial eye. Which is wear so comfortable and customer can easily remove and clean.
It could be easily use for the child without any side effects which is under age of 10 years.
who patient are face the problem and from the beginning.