Monday, February 8, 2010

PadMapper

I was taking an entrepreneurship class last year when I got the assignment of finding a cool website started by an entrepreneur and then write about it.  I found one of the coolest websites in the world.  The site is padmapper.com, and its motto is "Making Apartment Hunting Suck Less."

Basically, what it does is combine Google Maps and Craigslist onto one website.  It uploads apartment listings from Craigslist (along with pictures, price, amount of bedrooms and bathrooms, whether or not you can have a dog, etc.) and puts it on a map from Google. Super simple, yet super effective.

Here's a screen shot:

Umm, just kidding.  The website is acting really slow right now.  But it's usually awesome!  Katie and I used it to look at apartments here in Provo (we didn't find anything better than what we already have, though) and also to see what apartment prices are like in other cities.  I highly recommend it.

No comments: