Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Oh-at", not "oat"

"tyubu yhjk,.yhtv j m    i8iuo6bn ghb h          -..n6jo]iilkjj0kp;kug         d fg5v5"

That quote is brought to you by my five-month old daughter. She likes hitting things like faces and keyboards.

In other news, I took a practice OAT exam on Saturday. It was hard ... really hard. At least is was free. It was a promotional thingy from Kaplan. (Did you know that they are related somehow to the Washington Post? I think the WP owns it or something.) Anyway, despite my poor performance, I actually did pretty well for not studying at all for the test. I got a 280 on it. (300 is in the 50th percentile, 400 is perfect, and the lowest you could get is a 200.) This really encouraged me. I was considering taking an online prep course through Kaplan, but those cost a pretty penny (about $1200). But I'm going to just get one of those books that have some practice exams and worksheets in them. I found a brand new one on Craigslist for $20. My goal is to score around a 320 or 330.

4 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Yay! Yay! I'm SOOOO glad you did well enough on the practice one that the $20 book will suffice. At least I sure hope it will. Haha. Just kidding. I'm sure you'll do great!

Kathy Haynie said...

What does OAT stand for? What is the exam for? But congratulations on your first go-round, whatever it is. :)

Lisa Lou said...

At first I thought O's quote was what was on the test!! I was all, dang! That would be hard!

Bryan Lewis said...

OAT is the Optometry Admission Test. It's like the MCAT or DAT for optometry school.