Saturday, February 6, 2010

An Ode to Jenga

I stack you in rows of three
And make you square as can be
I pull you apart
It tears at my heart
When you fall it surprises me

It's better when you push at the middle
Instead with the edge piece to fiddle
Keep a good base
Or you'll leave no trace
Of your tower that somebody whittled

You come in a real stupid tube
That I always pack in, then undo
I cram all the blocks
Into that stupid box
And that's why we don't play with you.

-An original poem written in 5 minutes by Bryan and Katie Lewis

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Made me chuckle. You two should co-write more poetry. I miss Katie's poems.

Patricia said...

A large zip lock bag works well to store the blogs. Although it probably won't fit as well on the organized shelves you two have. :)

ali said...

hahahahahahaaaa that's so good!