Monday, June 14, 2010

Snap Expressions

I heard about this when I read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. I think there was a Radio Lab episode about this, too. Basically, it is almost impossible to hide your true emotions. How you really feel will always show on your face for a fraction of a second, whether you like it or not. It's a pretty useful skill to be able to see these snap expressions to tell what people really feel like when you're talking to them.

Take a test HERE to see how well you do.

4 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Well, I got some of them right. Those were really fast. Are they that quick in real life?

Bryan Lewis said...

that's what i've heard. they might be even quicker

Bryan Lewis said...

I got most of them right on the first try. No wonder I knew that what Richard wanted at dinner last night.

Bryan Lewis said...

Oops. That last comment was me. -Katie