Sunday, June 27, 2010

Alive on the inside

I went home teaching this morning and the message we shared was all about looking past outer appearances and appreciating and developing what is good on the inside.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, especially learning on Thursday that everything that you can actually see on the outside of a person is dead (except for the eyes). The skin cells and hair that we can see is just dead cells, ready to sluff off. It's interesting that people spend so much money and time on making sure that the dead part of our bodies looks nice. Maybe we should be more concerned with the condition of the living parts of our personage.

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Oh, that is a very interesting insight. Kind of reminds me about my post a while back about the skeletons inside us. I'll bet that makes you feel good that you are training to become an eye doctor.

Greg Lewis said...

Thanks Bry! I used your comments in MY home-teaching visit this afternoon. Excellent insight....