Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cereal Boxes Contain Test Answers

I finished my finals today, so now the only test I have left is the monster Optometry Test on Friday. I took another practice test today and have improved some more from last week, so that helps out my self-confidence.

Anyway, I was reading the cereal box while eating breakfast last Saturday. This cereal box is pretty boring actually. Cap'n Crunch is way more exciting, but I decided to read boring Cracklin' Oat Bran anyway. It's kind of like reading the back of shampoo bottles in the shower. You have to re-read them, even though you've read them a bazillion times before.


I got so bored that I decided to read the nutritional label.


Anyway, after reading that I took a practice test and one of the questions was this:

26. Which of the following foods contains the greatest amount of energy/gram?
A. Sugar
B. Starch
C. Fat
D. Protein
E. Vitamins

My initial feeling was "D. Protein" but then I remembered the cereal box.


And thanks to Cracklin' Oat Bran, I knew that "C. Fat" was the right answer. I know that I definitely wouldn't have been reading the nutritional information if I had Cap'n Crunch in front of me. I guess I can be grateful now for boring cereal boxes.

4 comments:

Polly said...

Eric took a bunch of food containers and shampoo and deodorant and stuff to his chemistry class tonight to use as examples for chemical names since he was teaching naming. Pretty much everyone said they'd never looked at the ingredients in on a shampoo bottle or anything else he'd brought. We were both surprised. Clearly, you're in whatever group we belong to that read such things.

And sorry...but I think Cracklin' Oat Bran looks and has the texture of dogfood...so sorry to break the news to you. :)

Kathy Haynie said...

Haha - I used to read the back of shampoo bottles until my eyesight went to farsighted in my late 40s. I couldn't read those now unless I wore my glasses in the shower...

Patricia said...

Way to remember your "educational" morning reading, Bry.
Good luck on the big test tomorrow!

Syl said...

Good ol' cereal, always pulling through.

I totally used to read the back of the shampoo bottle, and I'd always thinks to myself, "Ah, so this shampoo is moisturizing my hair AND preventing split ends." It was always a very calming, reassuring experience. Me and the shampoo bottle, we're buddies.