- Yearbooks, especially if you live in a small community
- Cookbooks (with 3x5 note cards and pens for patients to copy recipes that "tickle their fancy")
- Rare magazines that the public doesn't have easy access to (like some scientific journals)
- Scrapbooks and comics on eye care and surgeries (like LASIK and new types of contacts)
- Large-type books (you are dealing with people who can't see too well, after all)
- Daily newspaper, also in large print, if available
All I know is that I'm going to stock my office with awesome books--I just haven't decided yet what those books with be yet.