Friday, March 12, 2010

Licking Lids


Do you have the impulse to do this, too? Every time I take the lid off of a yogurt I have to lick the lid. I feel really cheated when someone else opens the yogurt for me and then takes the lid and throws it away, or worse: they lick it themselves. I feel like sometimes the best part of eating a yogurt is licking the lid.

I find myself licking the lids from other food products, too. Just today, when I was feeding the baby, I found myself using my pinkie to to take the little bit of food off of the lid. It was surprisingly delicious (it was the apple flavor). I tried to lick the aluminum lid that seals the peanut butter inside the container, but that didn't work too well. The peanut butter was too thick so I had to lick it about 10 times to make a dent. Then I got frustrated and threw the lid away. I made a mistake once of licking the lid from sour cream. I wasn't thinking too clearly when I did it--it was just a habit. I definitely won't be making that mistake again any time soon.

5 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

What?! You don't like to lick sour cream?! Mmmm...I love it. Also, I think my favorite is whipped cream...so delicious.

Katie Lewis said...

What?! You're not going to tell everybody about the king of all licking experiences?! For shame. Fess up now, Bryan.

Katie Lewis said...

P.S. I really like the title of this post. :)

Kathy Haynie said...

You are such a lid-licker! :)

ali said...

one time i licked the lid of a yogurt (it was one of those aluminum ones) and it cut my tongue. not fun!