Saturday, December 18, 2010

My first phone call

Do you remember the first time the phone rang and it was for you? I sure do. It was a big day. I think it was the first time that I felt like I was part of the world. It was neat.

I was six years old when I got my first phone call. It was my first grade teacher, calling me before school started in the fall and letting me know what her name was and how excited she was to meet me. I know--what a nice teacher, right? Do you know what I did while talking to her? I went to the fridge and got a soda and lounged on the couch with my legs crossed in front of me. I think I thought that was what you where supposed to do when you talk on the phone. Too much TV, I guess.

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

No, I don't remember my first phone call. I think that's pretty neat that you have that memory. What a nice teacher.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

That is pretty nice. I'm a little surprised you never got a call from your grandparents or something before that...or maybe that didn't count cause they talked to your parents after?

Bryan Lewis said...

I probably did get a phone call from my grandparents, but they never called to ONLY talk to me. So that's why I didn't count that...