Tuesday, November 2, 2010

One way trip to Mars

NASA is considering a mission to Mars. A one way mission. Isn't that amazing? How crazy would you have to actually be to want to do that? And at the same time, you have to seem normal so that you get chosen by the committee to get on the space ship. Apparently, you can save up to 80% of the cost when you don't have to plan for a return trip. Maybe this is the beginning of a new colonization effort.

Would you go? I would only go if I could take my wife and kids with me. And if I wasn't the first one there. And if they had a fast internet connection. And the water that didn't taste like iron.

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Haha - your illustration makes me think of The Little Prince.

No, you may not move my daughter and granddaughter to Mars.

Katie Lewis said...

Your wife and kids will not be going with you to Mars. Just FYI.