Monday, November 12, 2012

An awkward situation

This happens to me WAY more often than it should. Do you ever accidentally make eye contact with someone who is sitting in a toilet stall? You know, through that little crack between the door and partition?


I think it happens because I just want to see if someone is using it, and it seems less awkward to do a superficial and quick glance to see a dark shadow or something than the bend down to look at their shoes.

Here is what I propose: if you're in a stall, never look out through the crack. This will avoid me having to decide whether to acknowledge the fact that I made eye contact with you while you're doing your business.  

3 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

OH MAN!!! I'VE DONE THIS AND IT'S SO HORRIBLE!!! I then usually try to run out of the bathroom and the building and the county as fast as I can. Because that's just so creep-ster-like.

alison said...

oh man i totally do this all the time. if i'm in the stall i usually STARE hardcore so if someone looks through they feel real awkward.

Nathan said...

Yes. This happens. I also hate when urinals don't have protection walls between them...