Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Job Hunting

You would think that the fact that I was a male model would make finding a job a cinch. Turns out, the Afternoon Traffic Officer Dispatch position did not need someone who was really, really, ridiculously good looking. Too bad for them.

I just had another interview with the Acquisition Department of the BYU Library. The lady I had the interview with will contact me within the hour as to whether or not I got the job.

Press your thumbs for me! (As the Germans would say...)

4 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

I sent you that "Crazy Karte" - I hope you get the job. That would be awesome. And then maybe I would tell UNT to give me a practicum at BYU and I could see you!

Bryan Lewis said...

I would like to announce that I am the new Bibliographic Searcher / Inputer for the Acquisitions Department of the BYU Library! Wahoo! She told me that she would email me by 4:30 pm, 5:00 pm by the latest. I hadn't received anything by 5:00 pm, so I started to walk home. I was very surprised when I received an email at about 6:00 pm saying that I got the job. I was the last interview of the week, so maybe that had something to do with it. I am very excited to be able to work in an air-conditioned room during the summer and I can basically choose my own hours during the school year.

Kathy Haynie said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be very aquisitive. Maybe you'll see Kendra in the conservation lab sometimes...

Dr. Carlson's Royal Weblog said...

Did you tell the dispatch people about being a male model? Or did you just assume they'd know?