Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Reversible Poetry

I think this is pretty cool. Read it forward, then read it backwards. It tells two different stories.



Lost Generation
By Jonathan Reed
I am part of a lost generation
and I refuse to believe that
I can change the world
I realize this may be a shock but
“Happiness comes from within.”
is a lie, and
“Money will make me happy.”
So in 30 years I will tell my children
they are not the most important thing in my life
My employer will know that
I have my priorities straight because
work
is more important than
family
I tell you this
Once upon a time
Families stayed together
but this will not be true in my era
This is a quick fix society
Experts tell me
30 years from now, I will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of my divorce
I do not concede that
I will live in a country of my own making
In the future
Environmental destruction will be the norm
No longer can it be said that
My peers and I care about this earth
It will be evident that
My generation is apathetic and lethargic
It is foolish to presume that
There is hope.
And all of this will come true unless we choose to reverse it.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Pretty cool, Bryan!
I even reads better when read in reverse!

Kristen said...

very cool.

I like it much better backwards :-)

Greg Lewis said...

But when I tried to read it backwards I couldn't see the screen!