Friday, July 9, 2010

Ouch

I got in a bike accident yesterday. I was riding my bike to campus and some EFY kids jumped in front of me and I swerved and flipped off my bike. I hit head first, but luckily I was wearing my helmet. I skidded up my elbow, hip, knee, and shin. For decency's sake, I decided to only take pictures of my elbow. Ha. On a side note, I hope that it'll leave a cool scar. Does anyone else always hope that after you get injured? I think to myself, "This hurts really bad, but, hey, maybe it'll leave a big scar or something." It's the closest thing I'll ever have to a tattoo.Also, I hyper-extended the tendon to my big toe. (It's called the extensor hallucis longus, if you wanted to know. Oh, the useful things you learn in anatomy.)

I thought I might have broken my toe because it was hurting so bad. They took an x-ray and saw it was just strained. So now I'm on crutches for a couple of days. I've never used crutches before. My shoulders are super tired now. I feel like Weaky Kneaky (that's the opposite of Evil Knievel). 

5 comments:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

So sorry! And bummer sbout you bike. I'm glad you were wearing you helmet.

Kathy Haynie said...

Sending good thoughts your way. I've been there done that with crutches - it makes you heal more quickly because you're so anxious to get off of them! Hang in there.

Lisa Lou said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Weaky Kneaky. I forgot about him.
Oh, and so sad about the bike accident! What did the EFY kids do? Were they sorry?

ali said...

that's disgusting :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.