Saturday, October 18, 2008

sometimes i think i have super powers

i had a lot of weird dreams last night. i mean, these dreams were so weird that i even noticed how weird they were during the dream, and that hardly ever happens. i was in the mill were i work, but it was turned upside-down and inside-out and infested with rats so we hired Mausie (my family's old cat) to eat all the rats. then i wanted to knit hats for all the rats. oh and that country song "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" was playing loudly in the background of the mill, too. the next part of my dream was that i could control time. i could make it stop and go back as i pleased. it was very nice.
the problem is that i still thought i had this power when i woke up. i set my alarm for 7:30 so i could go to meeting at 8 this morning (which, by the way, is a very early time to have a meeting on a saturday). but when the alarm when off, i thought i could make the time go backwards by pressing the snooze button twice instead of once. i didn't realize it wasn't working until 8:13. i was very disappointed in my abilities.
i walked over to campus slowly, bitter that i had to go and bitter that i couldn't control time. it made me a little happy to see that the room that was scheduled for the meeting was completely dark and locked. now i'm just doing homework.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Once, I had a dream where David was a Nazi officer and I had to destroy him.

Anna said...

hey this is chris
i can't be bothered to sign out of anna's and back in as me.
awesome dreams. also, take a picture of your scar cause it would be cool if it became your new defining feature and Soapy remembers you as the uncle with the crazy scar head.

Lisa Lou said...

Remember this dream?...
"I'll do it! I will be....EEEVVVIIILLLL"