Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Personality Test

We took a personality test in my business class last week. It was pretty interesting to see how true that test was. Basically, our professor said that there are four basic personalities:
  1. Playful/Popular
  2. Powerful
  3. Perfectionist
  4. Peaceful
These four personality types have been called a bunch of different things throughout history, such as the four temperments: sanguine, choleric, melancholic, and phlegmatic.

My professor put up a slide with four columns of adjectives, and we had to choose one adjective in each row that described us. Then we added them up to see which personality we were.

I showed it to Katie and she said it's like those quizzes in Teen Beat magazine that shows was color lip gloss to wear to match your personality. I think this test is pretty much just as accurate as the lip gloss test.

If you want to try it, this test is pretty similar to the one my professor gave us.

I was a Peaceful/Perfect. Katie was a Powerful/Perfect.

I think you could also apply this to the Houses in Hogwarts, where Gryffindor = Playful/Popular, Slytherin = Powerful, Ravenclaw = Perfectionist, and Hufflepuff = Peaceful.

But that would mean I would be in Hufflepuff. Dang it. No one wants to be in Hufflepuff. At least I'm not a Slytherin, like someone else I know (**cough** Katie **cough**).

3 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Man, whatevs. We've already been over this. I would be like Harry Potter and tell the sorting hat not to put me in Slytherin. So BAM... in yo face.

Anna said...

Well, Edward Cullen is Hufflepuff. Just sayin...

Unknown said...

Your professor is full of ****. Personality really can not be categorized. The only scientifically valid measures of personality are the five factors and their derivatives (test|wiki) and even then they are pretty damn useless. Intelligence can be measured pretty decently though.