Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Noteslate = want

I found this the other day and I really, really want one. I'm not sure if it is real or not...


It's called a Noteslate, and it's a $99 eInk writing tablet. You just take your notes on it and then it will save it to a SD Card of USB drive for you. This would be perfect for school. I would just take the Powerpoint slides made by the teachers, convert them to PDFs, upload them onto this, and then I could just take notes right on this without having to carry a bajillion papers around.

I could also scan in images of my text books and then carry around digital copies of those, too. I actually tried this out the other day. I took an old copy of National Geographic (thanks again, Kathy!) and had the binding cut off. Then I took it to the Genealogy and Family History Library in the BYU Library, where they have a book scanner. The machine scanned the whole magazine in a few minutes, and then I had that whole issue on my flash drive. A bonus feature was that the book scanner was able to read words, making the whole issue word-searchable. Imagine how cool it would be to be able to have your handwritten notes word-searchable!

Anyway, the site says that the Noteslate should be available in June. A lot of websites are doubtful, though. I guess we'll see.

No comments: